An EDM Forum for all ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Are ya and whats up?

+2
woodswalker
Void Dweller
6 posters

Go down

Who Are ya and whats up? Empty Who Are ya and whats up?

Post  Void Dweller Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm assuming we're all coming from the amazon boards so far. BIG UPS to Darak to start us off. Figured we get some intros out of the way and see where it goes...
Start off with
Who you are:
Hobbies:
Fave tunes or DJs:
Current Fave Track:
anything else:

So, here i am...

Who you are: Mike
Where you live(general is fine):Central NY
Hobbies: DJ Alias is DJ Mazur~Blade. I spin all types of tunes, this supports my EDM habit. I also ride BMX flatland and draw alot.
Fave tunes or DJs: Fave DJ/remixer-Jason Nevins.
Current Fave Track:Stinkahbell-Switch up the gears
Anything else: Married 16 yrs w 2 kids.

Void Dweller
Void Dweller

Back to top Go down

Who Are ya and whats up? Empty Re: Who Are ya and whats up?

Post  woodswalker Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Void Dweller!

Thanks to the folks who started this forum. I have looked at a few "Trance" forums before but they seemed mostly a clique that knew each other & had been to the same parties. What I want from a Trance/Electronica forum is a place to talk shop & learn more about composing, equipment, MIDI, arranging and suchlike stuff.

I belong to the electro-music.com forum & have learned a lot there, but that forum is so large that posts seem to get lost.

My Intro:
yep... not too many people will own up to this. what the hey...I was just a little too young to be in the Hippie scene and by the time Disco came around I was in a very stodgy & boring marriage. So I missed out on all of it...!! However, I do have an awesome son who was writing Trance since age 16. He taught me so much about the electronic music craft...!!!!!!
Where you live(general is fine): I live near Valley Forge PA which is near Philly. (I don't go into Philly though.)
Hobbies: My main hobby right now is composing music in Ableton! Also making videos to go along with my tunes. Also, hiking, art, Nature, science fiction.
Fave tunes or DJs: I listen to Ambient & Trance on psychedelik.com . A few Ambient artists that come to mind are: Shpongle, M-Sphere, Zero Cult, Side Liner. I don't know the names of the Trance artists...I just know what I like!
anything else: I'm really hoping to talk to music producers, composers, DJs etc and learn some stuff! For starters...
Oh & my big ambition: to get a freeform electronica jam going in my basement!

I'm kind of fuzzy about where you draw the line between a "composer" "producer" and "DJ". Personally I won't use anyone else's loops ever. On the other hand although I do write Ambient type music, I haven't yet figured out how to create that snappy, soul expanding trance sound yet.
woodswalker
woodswalker

http://woodswalker.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Void Dweller Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 pm

HI woodswalker,

Thanks for sharing. Sorry i didn't reply sooner. Been a busy month my way. And i'm just leaving work now. So c'mon people. Share something, start a topic. This is what some of us wanted. Show some interest and we'll grow.

I'll start some later on. Gotta jet now.

M
Void Dweller
Void Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Realboy Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi all, I just found your Amazon thread and was interested enough to follow the links here and see how this all develops. I've been a musician for 26 years and became a fan of EDM at 13 or so. These days I help organize a theme camp that attends local festivals and I've started to teach myself some mixing. That's led to my current situation of discovering huge amounts of new (to me) tracks, which as you know is pretty much the best thing ever Smile

Who you are: Realboy
Where you live(general is fine): Northern NJ
Hobbies: Music, video games, film, festivals
Fave artists: So many... from Shpongle to Daft Punk to Feed Me
Current Fave Track: Dome Patrol - The Cutting Edge (Carl Cox & Julika remix)

Realboy

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulHouseGirl Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Who you are: Jenna

Where you live: central NC (grew up in VA & DC)

Hobbies: Music....relaxing with closest friends...electronics (IT apprentice and also wanting to learn music editing/mixing software)...travel, culture and meeting people from all over the world

Fave tunes or DJs: Lots and i also love "power metal" such as Kamelot. But when pushed i would say that my musical center is in the areas of Deep/Soul/Progressive House and Trance. But i don't spend nearly all of my time in the center. I also love Jungle, Techno, Electro (beats!!) and occasional Ibiza... DnB, Trance, some Rave, some Hardcore... Specifically some favorites are Porter Robinson, Stanisha, Sander van Doorn, Paul Vinitsky, Meital de Razon (Epiphony), Sensi, Dash Berlin, SHM, Tegan & Sarah, Coldplay remixes.... lots of Romanian House (Addex and many others)..... and Love Songs... I will unashamedly say that almost all of my music must be strong on Love.

Current Fave Tracks (i can never name just one):
Instrumentals...
♥ DJ Kucho! - To Russia With Love
♥ Paul Vinitsky & Lo-Fi Sugar - All I Know Now
Vocals...
♥ Meital de Razon ft. Asi Tal - You, You
♥ Epiphony - Heaven in Your Eyes (Offir Nissim)

anything else: born in Russia but was brought to the USA around age 3 so i am very much an American girl, but often feel a sense of "roots" in music. This seems to mean more and more to me. Single but very strongly attached. No children.

(edit) PS:
Woodswalker, hi and nice to meet you :-) ...I know just what you mean about other forums and cliques and I have a lot to say about that, altho this is not the right place for it....to be continued in the Chit Chat topic that I just created :-)

(edit#2) I admit that i consider myself a noob in EDM... just a year ago i was not even an average music freak of any sort. That means that i'm still learning a lot and my taste seems to be changing (or i might say maturing) quite a lot as time goes by.
SoulHouseGirl
SoulHouseGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  moontrancer Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 am

Hi all. I joined over a week ago and just now getting back for a second visit. I was shamed into this tonight by the poster just overhead ^-^ ...

Who: John
Where: central NC
Hobbies: Music, basketball (UNC Tar Heels!), music, computers, music, cars, music ^-^ (lol), reading, travel, history, culture, MUSIC!, languages (very unaccomplished) including English (I've helped foreign lyricists polish their lyrics translations) and TESL; and and and ...
Fave tunes or DJs: Haha forget a short answer here either ... Frangellico, Datsik, Sesto Sento, and let's see, all of Jenna's faves (yup) and adding 5-10 y.o. Eurotrance/-house to the list, coz that's what got me into EDM in the first place a few years back.
Current Fave Track: Paul Vinitsky - Fox Club
anything else: Minimally knowledgeable of music science, e.g. ~5 years of piano lessons at age 8-12; I've sung in various venues but not in the past 20+ years; and I can play the low end of "Duke of Earl" on a tenor sax (go ahead and laugh, it's ok); retired USAF (crypto systems maintenance, nuclear treaty monitoring, computer ops and programming).

*I have twice been a victim of ID theft, in the real and the virtual world, so now I stubbornly refuse to give whole subsets of personal info almost everywhere, especially any answer to any security question that a credit bureau may ask for ID verification. I advise the same to everyone. I'm over 50 and that's all you'll get Wink

Ok just a little more on that: I think the first "electric" song I ever fell in love with was Edgar Winter's Frankenstein ^-^

moontrancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Void Dweller Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Ya. Good call moontrancer. Font give any info you feel compromises your identity. I had id theft once.not fun. Hello to everyone else.
Void Dweller
Void Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post  KarateMom Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Just getting here FINALLY after registering off the amazon board as soon as this place was created. Nice to see everyone's introductions - look forward to meeting you all.

Enough foreplay. Okay, per VoidDweller's request:
Who you are: Patti
Where you live(general is fine): Central New Jersey
Hobbies: I have a 6-year old kid. Anything not involving her I consider a hobby. I don't have many of them, currently.
Fave tunes or DJs: Eric Prydz, Above & Beyond, Dusky, Almost anyone on the Dirty Bird label, Deadmau5 (I know, but his earlier stuff I really love), Orbital....really almost anyone who does progressive house, deep house and trance (no Tiesto, though).
Current Fave Track: Parker & Hanson - Afterthought (Soundprank mix)
anything else: Let's see....I've been married 12 years, am currently working as a massage therapist, and yeah, I do actually do Isshin-Ryu karate (pretty badly, but I'm working on that). I got into EDM because of my brother, who was a club DJ in Ohio in the '90's. He and his friends used to make me mix tapes...I think I still have a couple of them somewhere. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be here with some people who might understand. The music's just gotten better, even if the aging body hasn't. But I'm still happy to listen. Very Happy
KarateMom
KarateMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum